Hardware Developer – Electronics
Role Overview / Purpose
We are looking for an electronics design engineer to join the hardware development team, to design and develop cutting edge systems for the gaming industry.
This role has a lot of scope for progression for candidates with a strong work ethic and leadership qualities. We adopt a fun and enthusiastic work environment, so a similar outlook and can-do attitude would be beneficial to fitting in here.
Responsibilities & Required Skills
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the generation of innovative yet practical electronic designs within a multi-disciplinary team, including mechanical and software developers
- Driving the development of products through the full life cycle, from initial concepts and technology demonstrators, through to the detailed design stages into manufacture.
- Detailed design and validation of electronic modules
- Generation of manufacturing packs, including PCB drawings, circuit assembly drawings, test instructions, and test reports using Easy PC CAD tool and Microsoft Office
- Ensure designs meet the standards of the department, and contribute to design reviews
- Working effectively and provide support to other members of the product development and manufacturing teams
- Sticking to deadlines required by project
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience of the detailed design of microcontroller-based modules, which incorporate: switch mode power supplies; a variety of data bus standards including CAN, RS485, and USB; analogue sensor processing circuits; motor control; display drivers; and high-power LED drivers
- Experience of PCB layout design, including the management of EMC and earthing
- Ability to rapidly absorb legacy designs and implement improvements
- Must be passionate about technology and design, and be excited by the opportunity to learn new skills
- Excellent communication skills to both technical and non-technical stakeholders