Hardware Developer – Mechanical
Role Overview / Purpose
We are looking for a mechanical design engineer to join the hardware development team, to design and develop cutting edge systems for the gaming industry.
This role has a lot of scope for progression for candidates with a strong work ethic and leadership qualities. We adopt a fun and enthusiastic work environment, so a similar outlook and can-do attitude would be beneficial to fitting in here.
Responsibilities & Required Skills
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the generation of innovative yet practical mechanical designs within a multi-disciplinary team, including electronics and software developers
- Drive the development of products through the full life cycle, from initial concepts and technology demonstrators, through to the detailed design stages into manufacture.
- Generation of manufacturing packs, including component drawings, assembly drawings, and work instructions using Solid Works and Microsoft Office
- Ensure designs meet the standards of the department, contributing to design reviews, and undertaking the testing of designs
- Working effectively and provide support to other members of the product development and manufacturing teams
- Produce innovative yet practical designs and documentation which meet the standards of the department
- Sticking to deadlines required by project
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of a range of mechanical manufacturing processes, the capabilities of each process, and the key information which needs to be included within drawings, including: cut and bent sheet metal work; hard and soft tool moulded components, machined components and off-the-shelf components
- Ability to rapidly absorb legacy designs and implement improvements
- Experience of using workshop tools, to make and modify parts to build prototypes and validate designs
- Must be passionate about technology and design, and be excited by the opportunity to learn new skills
- Excellent communication skills to both technical and non-technical stakeholders