Hardware Product Owner – Wheels
Role Overview / Purpose
The Product Owner is responsible for taking a selection of products from conception through to end of life. This includes project managing and taking full ownership of the development of the product and communicating to the business teams to keep relevant people informed. Working closely with the development team and the Head of Product Owners, the Owner will plan all development/modifications to their products and be responsible for deliveries and continued success.
Wheels – The Product Owner will be based at our head office in Stoke, but some travel is to be expected. The Owner will be responsible for a range of Roulette wheels and Money Wheels and will project manage all current ongoing developments, as well as getting feedback from the business (internal and external customers) to move the product forward to ensure it remains competitive.
The role involves liaising with compliance and testing houses to push the product forward and list jurisdictional approvals/areas where the product can be sold. Cost pricing should also be understood by the Owner and assistance given to Sales/Finance to price the product.
To be successful in this role, previous mechanical skills are required, to be able to learn and retain information about roulette/money wheel products, including an understanding of all products supported by others.
Responsibilities & Required Skills
Responsibilities and Duties
- To take complete ownership of the product, making all final decisions
- Support the Sales team with product orientation/customer presentations
- Work with customers (internal and external) to understand requirements/changes to existing products
- Lead the planning and implementation of products/projects and manage the project budget
- Facilitate, document and report the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables using the defined applications and processes
- Work with third party suppliers
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Track product / project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the product / project
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
- Monitor and report on competing products in the market place
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time by senior management
Skills and Abilities
- Must have manufacturing engineering skills
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
- Logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability
- Great attention to detail and ability to work with others
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Understanding of budget control
- Good IT skills – Including all standard Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Preferably experience with Jira and Confluence (from Atlassian suite of products)
- Knowledge of the gaming industry is desirable
- To establish and maintain excellent standards of customer service and focus throughout dedicated customer portfolio