Inventory & Project Accountant
Role Overview / Purpose
The role will play a key part in ensuring that both Inventory and Development projects within the UK business are accurately reported.
Whilst being a vital member of the finance team, the individual will be expected to liaise closely with the manufacturing operations side of the business (including Production, Purchasing and Logistics), as well as our Product Development team in York. An understanding of manufacturing processes is, therefore, a key requirement.
Reporting directly to the Head of Finance for Europe, the individual will be expected to produce and present reports to the onsite Managing Director, Europe and Group Finance Director, as well as having direct exposure to other members of the global Executive team. Occasional travel to the York office will be required.
Responsibilities & Required Skills
- Produce the monthly Inventory review pack for the business, including KPI analysis
- Become proficient in the use of the on site ERP system, Microsoft AX, recommending improvements in the way that costs are processed and recorded
- Review existing stock recording processes as they affect the financial integrity of the business, recommending improvements where necessary and providing training as required
- Identify and implement stock reduction opportunities to meet business performance objectives
- Review BOM costings on a periodic basis, making recommendations to pricing as necessary
- Monitor and analyse the works order closure process, including the analysis and reporting of scrap
- Review and monitor the gross margin report for the business
- Aged and obsolete stock analysis with provision recommendations
- Support the cycle counting process, recommending improvements where necessary
- Full annual stock count support
- Support warehouse stock location management to include full location control
- Quarantine stock analysis
- Recommend Goods Received and Stock Returns Procedures including rental assets
- Offsite stock verification on a periodic basis
- Working with the teams in York and Stoke to develop and introduce monthly reporting on development projects within the business
- Recommend and introduce changes to the cost collection and recording processes within the department
- Analysing spend on a monthly basis versus approved business cases / projects.
- Assist with the preparation of business cases for new initiatives / projects
- Produce post-investment reviews as required
- Review the process for reporting and collecting cost data for the annual R&D claim submission